Marketing & Outreach Director
Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia seeks a dynamic candidate to join our team as the part-time Marketing & Outreach Director. A 120-voice chorus that was founded in 1874, Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia is one of the nation’s premiere volunteer choruses and is widely recognized in the field as a leader in advancing the choral art form.
The Marketing & Outreach Director will manage all aspects of marketing and promotion of Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia, its concert series, and any related events. Through effective marketing & outreach, this candidate will help Mendelssohn Club to deepen relationships with current patrons while developing new audiences, increase revenue, and broaden Mendelssohn Club’s public presence both in Philadelphia and throughout the choral field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Executive Director and Board of Directors in setting and implementing annual and long-range marketing strategy and plans
- Creating and implementing marketing plans that leverage best practices in marketing and communication, including multi-channel approaches.
- Creating program-related content and effective strategies to communicate content to both musicians and audiences
- Cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with audiences using traditional and innovative communication and retention techniques, including email marketing (Constant Contact) and social media
- Developing press releases and/or news bulletins for concerts and special announcements and communicating directly with media contacts to promote Mendelssohn Club’s activities
- Securing attendance of music critics at Mendelssohn Club concerts
- Building and sustaining strategic marketing partnerships and cross-promotions with community organizations and for-profit businesses in Philadelphia and beyond as appropriate, including program ad sales
- Coordinating and executing all Box Office duties at concerts, ensuring accurate financial and attendance reporting and reconciliation for ticket sales
- Representing Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia as an advocate and spokesperson at local and industry events relevant to the company’s marketing and audience development efforts
- Managing Mendelssohn Club’s website (WordPress) and social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Serving as a member of the Audience Development Committee to further goals as outlined in the Strategic Plan
- Three to five years experience in marketing, preferably in the arts or other nonprofit field.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. Masters preferred.
- Strong understanding of the cultural scene in Philadelphia
- Knowledge of music, particularly choral music, preferred.
- Outstanding organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of local media and ability to develop relationships with media contacts.
- Excellent knowledge base of marketing best practices and the ability to implement these strategies within a nonprofit setting.
Position is part-time (approx. 20-25 hrs/week). Salary is commensurate with experience. No benefits are included in this position.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. No phone calls, please.